Tips before your hire an MC/DJ company
Music and Entertainment are one of the MOST important elements that shape a Wedding or Event. Hiring an MC/DJ service can be a daunting task and a stressful experience. However, with a good overall plan you can assure yourself that you can face the situation with ease. Here are five steps to help you hire the right MC/DJ for your Wedding or Event.
1. Start early. When you hire an MC/DJ service, start as early as possible, at least a year before the actually Wedding or Event Date. This will give you time to discuss the setting and tackle the details for your choice of music and MC/DJ Entertainment service.
2. Consider the Experience. This one is HUGE! Professional experience is a factor to consider when hiring an MC/DJ service. If it is a Wedding, then you will surely want to leave the hands of your one-and-only Wedding Day to an MC/DJ service that will give it their best for the success of your Wedding. Consider hiring the Owner of a company and not a "part-time" DJ.
3. Ask for references. This includes past clients that your MC/DJ have worked for. References may include video clips and/or photographs of their recent events OR e-mail some past Couples they have worked with. Normally these Couples have already agreed ahead of time to be contacted by that company's possible future clients.
4. Pricing. The usual going rate for a Professional MC/DJ for a four-hour on-site performance range from $500 up to $5,000. You don't necessarily have to choose the cheapest; just go within your means and choose the Wedding Entertainment who can satisfy your entertainment needs.
5. Watch them live. No video, recording, or "Promo Video" can beat a live performance. Promo Videos of any performance or company has the potential to mask flaws or shortcomings. If you want to make sure you are 100% happy with the MC/DJ service you choose, ask to watch them in action!